Freelance Design/Production Artist (2013-present)
Through agencies and independently, provided freelance desktop publishing and word processing services in the Boston and Metro West areas of Boston. Recent Assignments:
Etheridge Designs2Production | 346 Turnpike Road, #4301 | Westborough, MA 01581 | 617-784-7067
- Support marketing departments at Bose and SeraCare in the migration of files and data to new web site; review and manage edits to new site and correct/update as needed.
- Format scientific reports and manuals for global client distribution at SigmaMillipore, Inc., in Bedford, MA.
- Prepare proposals in response to various RFPs (government, construction, retail, private) including
the creation of templates, graphics, charts, and tables:
- analyze RFPs to develop compliant matrices and production checklists
- edit and integrate new content from multiple authors in response to RFP requirements
- coordinate kick-off/lessons-learned meetings
- Assist in the rebranding and editing of more than 400 company biographies for Boston investment firm.
- Prepare proposals for submission to Hanscom Air Force Base for a privately owned company in Burlington, MA.
- Convert library of INDD templates to Word templates for Cambridge-based research firm.
- Reformat and combine reporting documents for Framingham engineering company.
Proposal Coordinator (July 2011-June 2013)
- Coordinate the submission of government contracts through government internet portals.
- Prepare graphic illustrations as needed per proposal via Power Point and Illustrator.
- Track proposal status through company-wide database (FileMaker Pro).
- Maintain company website using Dreamweaver.
Charles River Analytics | 625 Mount Auburn St. | Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-491-3474
Manager, Creative Services (1995-2008)
Primary desktop publisher and MSWord expert for international energy research company.
- Template creation, training, production, and integration into company workflow
(InDesign and Word templates).
- Design, format, and produce 4+ color reports and marketing materials.
- Research and secure printer(s) for all print projects.
- Manage print schedules from concept to design and print.
- Assist VP of Marketing in company rebranding of all printed materials.
- Strong editing and proofing skills.
CERA | 55 Cambridge Parkway | Cambridge, MA 02142 | 617-866-5992
Assistant Editor, College Spanish Textbooks (1991-95)
- Assist Editorial Chief and authors in preparation of manuscript and profit and loss statements.
- Secure reviewers for manuscripts; prepare reviewer questionnaires; summarize and present results to author, editorial chief, and publisher.
- Assist in the hiring and management of editorial assistants and production artists.
Heinle & Heinle | 20 Park Plaza | Boston, MA 02116 | 617-451-1940
Administrator/Editor, Latin America Region (1988-91)
- Translated and submitted reporting documents to the US Agency for International Development (USAID) in Washington, DC.
- Developed proposals for private donor fundraising for Latin American women's health care and family planning centers.
- Wrote, edited, and managed the printing of comapany's 4-color newsletter to be distributed as marketing and fundraising material.
Pathfinder International | 9 Galen Street, Suite 217 | Watertown, MA 02472 | 617-924-7200
E D U C A T I O N
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Bachelor Degree (Liberal Arts) in Spanish with concentration in Education.
Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Study Abroad Program: Full time student, fall and spring semesters; A- average.
C O M P U T E R S K I L L S
Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Windows / Mac
346 Turnpike Road | Unit 4301 | Westborough, MA 01581